jueves, 13 de noviembre de 2014

THE RACISM



The purpose of this entry is to address the issue of racism as it appears in our society today, keeping in mind the modern scope of our world and the difference between today’s racism and the racism of the past.  My hope is to open my reader’s eyes to things they perhaps haven’t considered before, to encourage them to be aware and watch for the ways they encounter racism in their own lives, and inspire them to act on the issue rather than tolerate it.  Racism is something that affects everybody, and it is something that has almost become an engrained part of our culture as a whole.  I also hope to encourage my classroom to talk about this issue with friends, family members, and the people in their lives, to share their thoughts and ideas about it and hold open discussions.



I became interested in this topic when I started to notice racism in a lot of things.  I would read a newspaper article, see something on TV, listen to a conversation or look at some advertisements, and the more I looked around, the more I thought about it.  I also began talking about racism with some of my classmates at school, and we each shared stories about many different things.  We talked about things we saw on the internet or heard on the news, things we had heard other people say, ways that we noticed other people reacting to us because of our race, and even ways that a person’s race affects the way we react towards them.  I felt as though my eyes were opened to a very big problem that I myself had not even really considered before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot3eeiC1asU
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO66zWdehMM



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario